1 Position available at our Rocklin location
Develops reports/analysis, data exchange processes and performs application data conversions in accordance with requirements from operational department and client stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Consults with supervisor, systems analysts, other developers, and end users to gather information about process/report intent, functions, features, data requirements, input requirements, output requirements, internal and external checks and controls, hardware and operating system environment, and interfaces with other systems.
- Designs or writes project specifications based on consultations with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers, and end users.
- Develops data processes to exchange data between internal and external applications.
- Performs data conversions between external and in-house applications.
- Develops and maintains dashboards for internal and client usage.
- Develops new and modifies existing reports from staff, management and client requests.
- Perform QA/Peer review of other team members SQL changes.
- Perform troubleshooting of reports and data processing errors.
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to database objects, data processes and reports.
- Reviews user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with department operations.
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support program.
- Coordinates with other department members for change management and coordination.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
4 Years of experience with SQL Server T-SQL development
Experience with data transformation processes
Experience with report development
Preferred, but not required:
Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Experience with PowerBI (PowerBI Server or Cloud)
Experience with Works Compensation or Liability claims systems
Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)