1 Position available at our Glendale, CA location
Position reports directly to the Associate Vice President. Under the direction of the AVP, the Account manager is responsible for the overall work product of the CIGA department and the claims units. The position requires monitoring work performance of each unit to assure compliance with CIGA’s guidelines and Audit requirements along with the California Labor code rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing and providing authority for all reserve increases between $100,000.00 and $250,000.00.
- Reviewing and providing authority for all settlement requests between $100,000.00 and $150,000.00.
- Reviewing all reserve requests over $250,000.00 and submitting to the CIGA PM for authority.
- Reviewing all settlement requests over $150,000.00 and submitting to the CIGA PM for authority.
- Receiving and reviewing all IFM diaries and mail prior to assignment to supervisor for handling.
- Reviewing and providing requests to handle lien trials within settlement authority.
- Reviewing and approving payments over $100,000.00.
- Handling calls regarding past due bills
- Reviewing and addressing the overpayment and duplicate requests from CIGA accounting department.
- Addressing the monthly potential medical penalty project from CIGA accounting.
- Maintaining the litigation log for Pete Tellez.
- Staffing cases with adjusters, supervisors, PM and defense attorneys.
- Reviewing the weekly pending urgent mail report
- Maintaining selected files on personal diary.
- Providing ongoing advice, mentoring and coaching to all the CIGA staff.
- Performing quarterly audits of 5% of the open inventory for each Claims adjuster to ensure compliance.
- Handling other duties or projects as assigned by the AVP.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Eight or more years of progressive technical claim experience, demonstrating a high degree of judgment and discretion, is capable of providing adequate guidance on complex claim cases and can negotiate settlements effectively.
Qualified candidates who are interested in joining our growing team should email your resume to: HR@Intercareins.com