1 position available at our Rocklin, CA location
Reports directly to the unit Claims Supervisor. In accordance with applicable statutes and in keeping with company rules, regulations, and established performance objectives, is responsible for effectively managing to conclusion an assigned inventory of claim files.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a three-point contact on all new losses within 24 hours of receipt of the claim to include the claimant, employer, and treating physician to document relevant facts surrounding the incident itself as well as disability and treatment status.
- Thoroughly and accurately gather evidence regarding ongoing case facts and relevant information necessary for establishing compensability, the need for disability payments, the use of vendors, medical and expense payments, and the reason the claim is still open.
- Assure that all assigned indemnity claims have an up to date plan of action outlining activities and actions anticipated for ultimately resolving the claim.
- Form a partnership with the medical case manager to maximize early return to work potential thereby reducing the need for extended disability payments, vocational rehabilitation, and other protracted claims costs.
- Initiate the referral to the SIU of cases with suspected fraud.
- Aggressively pursue subrogation from culpable third parties, contributions on multiple defendant cases, and apportionment when there is pre-existing disability.
- Assure that the claim file is handled totally in accordance with applicable statutes as well as in-force service contracts and company guidelines.
- Review and approve all vocational rehabilitation plans.
- Establish, monitor, and adjust monetary case reserves when warranted and in strict accordance with assigned authority levels.
- Review all medical bills for appropriateness prior to referral to InterMed for payment and posting to the claim file.
- Exhibit and maintain a courteous and helpful attitude and project a professional image on behalf of the company.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent from four-year college or; or 3-5years Worker’s Compensation experience and SIP certificate.
Certificates and Licenses
Active study for the IEA Certificate and Self-Insured Certificate, or the equivalent in related studies or work experience.